The European Patients’ Forum (EPF) is the umbrella organisation representing patient groups at European level. In order to advocate effectively for patients’ rights, we need to know what is happening on the ground. To do that, we launch surveys to collect the views and experience from patients and patient representatives from as many countries and as many diseases as possible on the topics we work on.
This summer, we have launched two surveys to collect your views on quality of care and cross-border healthcare. We would be grateful if you could take a moment of your time to answer these.
Please also circulate this information to your membership and your networks, so that we can collect as many answers as possible and ensure that the results of these two surveys will be robust.
What does quality care mean for you?
Following several years’ of involvement in EU-level discussions on healthcare policy and patient safety, EPF is now conducting a survey to explore the perceptions of patients about what matters most about “quality” of care.
- What is the survey about? EPF will use the results to develop our future advocacy work around quality of care and patient safety, including patient-centeredness and patients’ empowerment, at EU level.
- Who should take this survey? This survey is aimed at patient representatives: primarily individual patients, their family members or informal carers, and patient organisation representatives across the EU. You do not need in-depth knowledge or experience on quality of care to complete the survey! There are no right or wrong answers, as this survey is about your perceptions and opinions.
- How much time will it take? This short survey consists of 20 questions, some of which have tick-box options. It should take around 30 minutes to complete.
- Take the survey: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/257V9JF
- Deadline: The survey is open until 30 September 2016.
Survey on cross-border healthcare
This survey, conducting by EPF in cooperation with the European Disability Forum and IF (the International Federation of Spina Bidifa and Hydrocephalus) is an opportunity to share your experience with cross border healthcare and help influence the European debate on healthcare. Results will be presented at the European Parliament.
- What is the survey about? Cross-border healthcare refers to a kind of care in which the patient from one EU member state (where he/she is insured) uses the health services in another member state. With this survey we want to measure the impact of the cross-border healthcare directive on persons with disabilities and chronic diseases.
- Who is the survey for? Patients, patient representatives and relatives of people with disabilities or with a chronic disease. No in-depth knowledge is required to complete the survey, questions are about experience with cross-border healthcare.
- How much time will it take? 15 minutes only!
- Deadline: The survey is opened until 31 August 2016
- Take the survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CrossborderHealthcare